Adwords are surely a handy tool for business marketers to gain a lot of momentum online. However, there are a lot of factors to consider while running industry-specific Adwords campaigns. In this article, we will try to cover some of the common mistakes marketers tend to make and also modes of creating profitable campaigns. Without much ado, let’s begin.
There are a lot of people asking whether there is specific Google Adwords for the real estate agents to use. The fact is that as far as Google Adwords are concerned, there are endless options for marketers from any given industry to use. Maybe many have put their money into some test campaigns, but unable to figure out ways to generate the hottest leads to convert to business.
If this sounds mostly like you, then you are not alone. However, by avoiding some common mistakes, you can get out this band and pave your way to success in terms of Google Adwords marketing. Let’s explore how.
What is the reason for realtors fail in using Google Adwords?
Even though this is not a certainty, the fact is that there are a lot of people who fail over the use of Adwords. As in the case of many other industries, it is no different in case of usage of Google Adwords for the real estate sector too. If you don’t know how to use Google Adwords to meet your industry-specific goals, you have every chance to fail as there is only a thin like differentiating success and failure in this game.
Let’s next to have a quick overview of the most common mistakes of Google Adword users:
- Maintaining a weak ad copy
- Sending traffic through paid campaigns to your home page rather than using a dedicated landing page to help optimize the conversions.
- Failing to collect enough data to make informed decisions about your campaigns.
- Lack of specific goals in terms of the ROI analysis of the Adwords campaigns.
There are many things to consider while initiating and running Google Adword campaigns. Here, we will be covering the fixes for these most common mistakes to create your profitable campaigns online.
Why is Adwords an ideal tool for realtors?
Advertising on Google Adwords is different from the paid ads on Facebook. With Facebook, the advertising campaigns are driven based on the demographic information of the users and their interests. On Google Adwords for real estate investors, it could be more target specific based on user intent and online behavior.
On considering user intent, one should think about the seller and buyer keywords. The marketers consider what one searches on the internet when they want to explore what’s happening in their neighborhood. What style of keywords do they use when they are seriously planning to buy or sell real estate properties? If you understand the behavior of this platform correctly, then you can specifically target the users based on where a lead can be positioned in the selling or buying the property. This targeted approach makes Adwords platform more valuable and cost-effective.
Understanding the keywords and ad copy
Next, we will try to explore the important real estate keywords as well as the ads for the marketers to target their audience properly. Let’s explore some terms.
- Ad Copy: This is the written portion of the advertisement. This text is used to generate more interest in people and get them to click through the ads to land on your website.
- Negative keywords: This possibility is less explored by the realtors. It is possible to get your negative keywords, which are the Google searches unrelated to your kind of properties, which you don’t want your ads to show for. These keywords may be relevant as far as the real estate industry is concerned, but maybe fully irrelevant for you. You can set those as negative keywords to avoid yourself showing up in the results.
- Broad match: Apart from the very specific keywords, you have the scope of setting up your ads to be shown for the variations of your keywords also, which the search engines can perceive as closely associated with your keyword. This provides some add-on benefits.
- Phrase match: You can set your Google paid ads to show up only when any of the search terms include the exact phrase which is relevant. Say, for example; you can opt for phases as affordable real estate, real estate investment, real estate quick sell, etc.
- Broad match modifier: You can use the character ‘+’ to set up your ads to be shown only when there are one or more words in the search term. Say, for example, you can put it as “+realtor +sell,” and you may also be shown in queries like “I need realtors to help me in selling home.”
- Exact match: This is the process of setting up your advertisement to only show up against the exact search term. Say, for example, if your offer is specific, then it could be like “affordable condos in Texas.”
While planning for ad keywords, you can make use of any of the above options to execute it the best way. Choosing these may be based on your goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Geo-targeting real estate ads
When it comes to real estate properties, most businesses are local. Most of the realtors specialize in a particular region in their neighborhood for more effectively than operating country-wide. If this is so in your case, too, then it is ideal for taking advantage of getting targeting, which Google can afford to do for you. Nowadays, you may break down your target down further to the minute level to show ads only to those who are in a specific zip zone or so. It is also possible to target by putting a certain radius or even bulk target the locations. This is one of the handiesttools for many paid ad campaigners to succeed.
Along with taking these measures, you need to have a clear understanding of the KPIs and also track it closely to identify if you are succeeding or failing to revisit the marketing strategies if needed.