The primary objective of selecting multiple fonts is to make our data look more presentable and clear to our readers. A single piece of content may include multiple types of fonts like for the core data you need regular fonts. Whereas if you want to highlight something then you may need a different font which can easily catch the user’s attention. And this could be a Title, headline or important message.
There are lots of websites which sell fonts but if you want you can also get thousands of fonts without paying a single penny. Dafont.com is a website which offers free fonts to the users. Here you will not only find regular but some special and unique fonts. And you can download any font with a click of a button. This is the best place for both designers to promote whereas users to download free fonts.
In this guide, we will let you know all the details about dafont.com. How you can find tons of free and special fonts. How can you promote your own fonts?
General Information about Dafont.com
It provides a platform to the designers to easily promote their font among the masses whereas for users it is the hub of free fonts. Currently, the website has more than 33,338 fonts of 9943 with accents and 11533 with euro symbols.
The site has more than 9 broader categories under which they have 8 to 10 subcategories of fonts. Broader categories include fancy, foreign look, techno, bitmap, gothic, basic, script, dingbats, and holiday.
The website is well structured and has a good interface which provides great user experience. You don’t need to review all the fonts if you know the name of the font you can search alphabetically and if you don’t then you can drill down through the broader categories. No signup required for downloading the fonts but it is mandatory if you want to interact with the author.
How to download the font from Datfont.com?
The downloading font is super easy you don’t’ even need to create an account for this. Simply search your font through category or alphabetically. You can also check the font preview before downloading. Put your text in the text bar and see the results.
Once the font is finalized simply click on download button which is at the extreme right of the page. Download a zip file and then you can unzip to get it install in your computer.
If you have any technical questions related to downloading you can visit their FAQ page. They have addressed all the queries related to technical compatibility and download.
How to promote your own font?
If you are a designer and have your own font which you want to promote then Dafont can be a good platform for you. The process of new font registration is very simple.
- On the homepage, you will find a button of “submit a font” click on that make sure that account is created else you have to create a new account.
- Next, you need to select the font you want to upload is your own creation or belongs to someone else. This step is to avoid any copyright issue if font belongs to the third party then you need to supply some additional information like author name, email, and website.
- If you are the sole owner then you can continue with the first option and supply some additional details like first & last name, select an appropriate theme.
- Select an appropriate license e.g 100% free, free for personal use, demo, public domain and donationware
- Upload the zip file of font including JPG images of graphics. If you want to pass any message you can also put a note.
- Once request is submitted the website will review and approve your font for listing.
- And there is no charge for listing a font.
If you are looking free fonts for your personal use we would recommend going for Dafont.com. It is a great website which is super easy to use and you can download awesome fonts with a click of a button. Website not only provides free fonts to users but free platforms to the designers as well to promote their fonts. However, if you feel that author deserves monetary compensation for their efforts you may donate.