It is a well-established fact that diet impacts the whole body but have you ever wondered what it does to your heart specifically? Alongwith diet, meditation and physical activity is also good for the heart. Try engaging in activities that are beneficial for your body as well as mind. Poor diet is one of the leading factors of heart troubles all over the world. What you eat or drink is responsible for the health of your heart.
The food you take is responsible for fluctuations in:
- Blood pressure
- Blood sugar
What does a heart-healthy diet look like?
A diet that is low in unhealthy fats, sugar and salt content is considered a heart-healthy diet. This kind of diet routine will not only be beneficial for your heart but for reducing your waistline as well.
Although there is only much you can do to void heart troubles with diet, medical attention is also necessary to main heart health. If you feel symptoms of heart trouble such as chest pains, contact a doctor immediately and get a free xarelto coupon from PricePro Pharmacy in case you are diagnosed with conditions like atrial fibrillation.
Try to eat foods that can be consumed naturally i.e that do not need to be cooked. This is called “whole-foods diet”. Take a look at what foods are better to improve heart health.
- Fish containing high content of omega-3 fatty acids such as salmon, tuna, mackerel.
- Nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pistachios. These are considered superfoods as they contain high amounts of nutritions.
- Berries contain phytonutrients and fiber which is considered heart-friendly nutrition. Try eating strawberries, blackberries, raspberries raw or in combination with yogurt or cereal.
- Different kinds of seeds such as flaxseeds contain omega-3 fatty acids, fiber and phytoestrogens that boost heart health. Chia seeds are also good for this purpose. Consume these seeds in ground or milled form. They can be taken with a warm glass of milk as well.
- Oats are a nutrient powerhouse. Try eating oats mixed with yoghurt or salads. Oats can be a great option for a fulfilling breakfast.
- Dried beans and lentils come in a category called legumes. These are small packets of nutrition that are beneficial for the heart. Eat legumes such as garbanzo beans, kidney beans, red beans, black beans and pinto. These are high in fiber and contain vitamin-B, minerals and other nutritious properties.
- Incorporate soy in your diet. Try eating marinated tofu with other stir-fried vegetables for an enriching lunch or dinner.
- All vegetables are good for the body but in case of a heart-friendly diet, try consuming red, yellow and orange vegetables as they are heart-healthy. Carrots, red peppers, sweet potatoes, tomatoes are packed with carotenoids, fiber and vitamins that are great for the heart.
- Consume fruits such as papaya, cantaloupes and oranges as they contain beta-carotene, magnesium, potassium which is good for the heart.
- Dark chocolate is good for the heart. The higher the percentage of cocoa, the better.